We're back...
Well, here's a message on this oft-neglected blog... for anyone who may think we quit posting altogether...
We just returned from our week-long trip to Springfield, MO to visit family. We came home Wednesday night and Nate reported back to work on Thursday. Summer vacation is over for the Chrastina's. I wish that meant the summer heat was ending soon too! I will be posting some photos as soon as possible. Our home phone + internet is disconnected until later this week, so when we get back "online" I can upload some photos.
We also got a new (used) car on craigslist.com
Olsmobile Custom Cruiser stationwagon- works great- took us to MO and back without a hitch! We are getting used to the luxury of power locks and windows :) Landry loves to push the buttons too... a little too much- while we were in Dallas on the trip back visiting friends, Nate popped Landry in the front seat with a snack while he started the car and the AC to cool things off. Nate got out for a sec to help get Bella loaded and when we turned around Landry had pushed the fateful "lock" button on the door... oh yes, we had an extra key- inside the car!! A few minutes later the Dallas Fire Dept. arrives informing us they don't carry slim jims anymore, but they had a handy ball-peen hammer to shatter the window. Since the air was on inside the car and Landry was happy as a lark with his snack still in hand, they advised us to go around the corner to a locksmith who was able to successfully break into our car, saving us a window replacement.
Well, that's the scoop for now... stay tuned for pictures later this week!

1 Comments:
Congrats on the new car and sparing the window. I gasped when I read the story about Landry in the car alone, but I imagine now that it is over, it is funny...and will be a great story to tell his future girlfriends. So glad you're back!
Post a Comment
<< Home