God's mercy is evident
It's so incredible to be here... I'm not sure when it will stop feeling like a vacation? Our trip here was amazing- God definitely had His hand on us. We left Austin on Wednesday and drove to Dallas to spend time with Nate's family before heading to Colorado late Thursday morning. As soon as I get it figured out on this computer I will post photos. Let me back up a little and share how God spared us all in a horrific car accident on Monday night. After a farewell dinner with my parents & Uncle Wally at a nearby restaurant we loaded up the kids to go home in my parents Dodge van (because Nate was in the process of installing a different stereo in our station wagon at home). So we pull out with my parents trailing behind us in their vehicles. In less than 1 minute from leaving the restaurant we were hit from behind at an angle as we were making a right turn. The driver who hit us was going really fast, changing lanes quickly and did not even have time to brake. I never saw it coming as I was riding (unbuckled!)behind Nate's driver seat in a captain chair next to Violet buckled in her car seat. Bella and Landry were both in the back bench seat buckled in their car seats. The point of impact was the side near the right rear bumper where Bella was sitting. All I remember is tumbling around in the car and watching the kids flop around in their car seats and I felt totally helpless and in complete shock at the same time. It felt like a dream or rather a nightmare. We finally landed on all four wheels by God's grace after sliding and rolling over. Even typing this it's hard to believe it really did happen. Anyhow, we checked all the kids and found Bella was the only one hurt due to her window shattering. She was crying and the side of her head was bleeding. Once she got checked out at the emergency room, we discovered it was a minor puncture wound on her scalp right above her ear. What a miracle! And I just had a few bumps and bruises but nothing serious, which doesn't make sense without being buckled?! Another miracle! We are all incredibly thankful to be alive realizing how close we came to losing so much. I don't think we will ever be the same.
"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me."
Psalm 57:1-2
Psalm 57:1-2

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home