Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Messies Anonymous- seriously!

Here is an excerpt from the intro to a book that is slowly changing my life and home for the better! It is "The Messies Manual- a complete guide to bringing order and beauty to your home" by Sandra Felton. This is different from any other "home organizing" book or article I have ever read because it's written from the standpoint of a 'messie'... all the other resources I see are written by the people that are gifted with organization and order, it comes easily for them-- and I cannot relate!

Here is the mission statement from the messies.com website:
Messies Anonymous is dedicated to bringing harmony in the home through understanding and aiding the Messie mindset.

Here's a sampling...

"Our goal for all of us is to get to the place where our lives are no longer consumed either by living with clutter or by the struggle to get organized and stay that way.
A successfully orderly life looks like this:
- The house is set up to work with us.
- Our routine keeps us moving in the right direction more of less automatically.
- Our habits, thought patterns and emotions have come under enough control that we no longer have to struggle to keep ourselves from drowning in clutter.

Eventually, if all goes as planned, keeping the house organized will become more or less a non-issue. Thought it may never be fully automatic, it can get much easier, even serene.
Wow! That's a thought!

...For years I waited for my fairy godmother to come and wave her magic wand over me and magically change my hovel into a castle--and my frustration into joy.
But she never came.
There is magic to be found , but I was looking in the wrong place for it. The program you are about to begin will work its magic on you. You are about to enter the world of the Messie and the Cleanie.... Each chapter contains a little magic dust, and when you are finished you will be prepared to become that princess you dream of becoming.
But you must wave the wand. You must sprinkle the magic dust. I know you will, because I know you won't settle for that stool in the cinders once you know there is a castle waiting for you and there is hope of finding it. I want your home to be a castle, full of beauty and dignity. I want you to be a princess in your own home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home