Friday, August 31, 2007

Guerrilla Parenting?

Hmmm... some thoughts from one of my favorite 'blog moms' who has a 12 children...

No doubt about it, in this country, children are considered a financial liability. Still, I wonder if money is the main issue for most who choose to limit their families. For every “How can you afford it?” I hear a dozen comments on the emotional burden and parents’ presumed inadequacies: “I don’t know how you do it; two are enough to drive me crazy.” “We’ve got all we can handle (shudder).

And so I wonder, what would the church look like today if we were influenced less by the culture which sees children as invaders – who will rob us of our freedom, status, beauty, wealth, and sanity – and influenced more by Scripture, which steadfastly affirms children as God’s reward?
Psalm 127 goes on to say:

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
Are sons born in ones youth.
Blessed is the man
Whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
When they contend with their enemies in the gate.

**And here's a thought I(sarah) have had for years, but never seen voiced/written quite like this...

Perhaps the Body of Christ should recognize that having many children – if parents work to keep their arrows sharp and their aim true – may be the most revolutionary course Christians in a post-Christian world may take. What if every Christian family had just one more than they thought they could handle?

Read the entire article here.

Let me know if any of you have any thoughts??? You can email me if you don't like leaving comments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home