Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of 1st Grade!

Bella's first big day of school was finally here! She couldn't have been more excited... she was counting down the days all week until Monday. Here they are saying goodbye on the front porch (Violet was still inside focused on eating her yummy cereal)

Both assume a very typical pose for the first shot.


Then a giant hug and kiss...




she's our little lady


here she is standing right outside Mrs. Nester's classroom, Nate took her that morning as he does every morning, since he is working in the next building at the high school. I just knew if I went I would only cry... just can't believe she is already this big, plus I never anticipated sending her to school this young! (long story there)


She found her desk and got right to work... she was so excited to finally get started
.

Here she is in the background and her teacher is in the brown dress taking pictures too. She is very sweet & experienced and we like her a lot.



After her first day, Bella was so thrilled with going to school that she told Landry, "I wish you could come with me, it is so very, very, very wonderful!" She loves her teacher and wants her to come over and play at our house. Hah!
I ask her what her favorite thing is about school and she says 'all of it'.

It has been a huge adjustment for all of us, including Landry and Violet. We are working on getting a good early bedtime routine. Somehow, everyone has started waking up as early as Bella, even though we switched the rooms around so the two littles could sleep longer...

It's been an exciting and exhausting week... we are all glad tomorrow is Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home