Tagged
for book quiz of sorts...
1. One book that changed your life.
Certainly the Bible is #1, the most influential book within the Bible for me specifically has got to be Philippians by St. Paul; "A Severe Mercy" by Sheldon Vanauken, "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon (starting to change my life anyway!)
2. One book you've read more than once.
"A Severe Mercy" by Sheldon Vanauken
3. One book you would want on a desert island.
Other than the Bible, hmmm...
4. One book that made you laugh.
"When the Belly Button Pops the Baby's Done" can't remember the author right now.
5. One book that made you cry.
I'm with Tsh on this one too... "A Severe Mercy", also most of the novels written by Brock and Bodie Thoene, i.e. Zion Chronicles (these historical fiction stories seemed so real to me I would find myself wanting to pray for the characters in their plights!)
6. One book you wish had been written.
"How to Potty Train a 3 year old without accidents in public!!!"
7. One book you wish had never been written.
hmmm, i'm sure there are plenty, can't think of one?
8.One book you are currently reading.
"Muslim Next Door" and "Maria- the true story of the beloved heroine of the Sound of Music" by Maria Von Trapp
9. One book you have been meaning to read.
Bible from beginning to end
otherwise, "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" by Paul Brand,
"Bringing up Boys" by James Dobson, "Wild at Heart" John Eldridge, this list could go on and on...

1 Comments:
1. book that changed my life...again, other than the Bible, "The Life You've Always Wanted" by John Ortberg.
2. book you've read more than once..."Fifteen" by Beverly Cleary
3. one book on a desert island..."The Divine Conspiracy" by Dallas Willard. Maybe I would finally finish it.
4. one book that made you laugh..."A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving
5. book that made me cry..."A Prayer for Owen Meany". But Sarah, I also find myself wanting to pray for the characters in the Thoene books. So good.
6. one book you wish had been written...I haven't read them all to know what I'm still missing.
7. one book you wish had never been written...anything by Gogol. I hated having to read that in my Russian Lit. classes
8. one book you are currently reading..."Heartfelt Discipline" (can't remember the author) and "The Disciplines of Grace" by Jerry Bridges
9. one book you have been meaning to read..."The Divine Conspiriacy"
Post a Comment
<< Home