Tuesday, April 04, 2006

AMAZING Resource!

Wow! I am still in shock over this incredible find :) There is a place called "Family Connections" which has wonderful educational resources for parents of young children. They have a Family Library where you can check out all sorts of children's books (organized better than the library!) , parenting books, age-appropriate toys, manipulatives, games, audio-visual material, puppets & theatre and so much more!

Everything is so orderly and clean (they sanitize each item before putting it back on the shelf, in clear boxes or plastic bags). They even have a great little play area for your toddlers to play while you look around and/or check-out! This is an INCREDIBLE resource for any SAHM, especially if you want to homeschool but don't have the money or space to keep all the educational items your children need.
You can check out up to 3 items in each category and keep for up to 2 weeks. The best part is, it's all FREE!
i
I was able to find a box of chunky wooden beads with laces for Bella to practice lacing, she loved making her "necklace" when I got home. I also got a big picture book for Landry of baby animals, he loves animal pictures- dogs are his most favorite.

I only wish it was closer to us :) It is on 53rd 1/2 street interesecting Airport Blvd. By the way, I strongly recommend printing a map (It took me forever to find it today!)
Oh yeah, they also have Storytimes, free parenting workshops, and a teacher workroom where you can use their die-cuts, laminating, art paper, etc...
This place is a goldmine of resources!!!
I can hardly believe it :)

Let me know what you think/find also if you get a chance to go by... I could only stay for 15 minutes today, so I am sure I missed a lot more. Can't wait to go again!

Here's the link to check it out online,

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger B-ri said...

They actually came by the hospital when Josh was born and called a couple of times after we got home just to check in and see if we needed anything. Maybe Josh and I can go up with you sometime (or meet you there since we have so many car seats involved.) Very cool find. I'm glad you checked it out.
Mel

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger cheryl said...

Thanks so much for sharing your find! Tsh and I went and checked it out today, and it was very cool! :o) What a great resource.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger sk said...

Oh great! I am so glad to share such a fun resource... I must give many thanks to my sweet cousin Megan for telling me about Family Connections in the first place! Thanks for the tip Meg :)
Can't wait to visit there again soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home