Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Well, Annie has been reflecting on the Above Rubies retreat we attended last weekend... she has some sweet heartfelt reflections i would encourage all to read. Annie really has a true gift for expressing her thoughts in writing!

I have been listening to Serene & Pearl's CD, Soothe Me, ever since I got home! As these two sisters sang at the retreat (Nancy Campbell's daughters) I was enraptured by the quiet beauty of their music and sweet lyrics. Here are some lyrics from my new favorite song, Mother's Prayer, from this album. As Landry just turned one year old this past Sunday, my heart is full of emotion as I listen to this song...
may this always be my prayer, my life, my moment by moment desire...

Oh child of mine
the Giver of life has given you to me
and oh child of mine
the pages of your life we're yet to read
there's only so much
I can do in the time He gives a mother
To lead you to the One who loves you like no other
chorus:
Seek Him and find Him
Fall fervently in love with Jesus
Trust Him and serve Him
Live every breath for what He teaches
Then He'll be close, when I'm no longer there
That's your mother's prayer...

I wish you could hear the music as you read the words... the melody is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home