The Nutcracker
What a special surprise... daddy found tickets for mommy & bella to go to the Nutcracker together! (compliments of a student at daddy's school who was a 'bon-bon' dancer)
We had such a fun time watching all the beautiful dancers preform. When I first told Bella we were actually going to a real ballet, she wasn't too sure... she didn't like the idea of 'watching' ballerinas, she said she wanted to be on the stage and dance too. Maybe one day, my little princess...? Her favorite was Clara, even though she did the least amount of dancing. I think this is probably because we read, listened to, and talked about the story of the Nutcracker so much before the ballet, that Bella was most familiar with the character of Clara and liked seeing her 'come to life' on stage.
Here's a few photos of our magical evening together going to the ballet.


yes, this next photo was taken just before they confiscated my camera.
What can I say? We don't get out much, I forgot the rules :)

What shall we play the next morning, a dancing ballerina of course!

3 Comments:
How sweet! What precious memories! :o) I myself have fond memories of seeing the Nutcracker at Christmas with my mom.
How fun Sarah! What a treat! Nate is so resourceful, it amazes me.
Merry Christmas!
Of course, I continued to be thrilled at how much of a dancer Bella is! The Nutcracker has always been one of my favorites, too. :) Glad you and Bella were able to go!
Post a Comment
<< Home