Saturday, September 16, 2006

Inspirational Resource

So my favorite inspirational blogger is Ann V. at Holy Experience... I was very inspired last holiday season reading her devotionals about the Jesse Tree. I've always loved counting the days until Christmas and have been looking for an advent type devotional for our family to do together. As you will see if you read below, this Jesse Tree advent devotional is a refreshing option if you are looking for new ways to look at the all-so-familiar but always amazing Christmas story. I am excited to find it in a "book" form. You can either purchase it by itself or for the forgetful-last-minute type planner (like me) or for people who actually follow a "to-do" list there is the 12 week Holiday Planner for Christian Families which also includes the complete Jesse Tree Advent.

Hey this is exactly what I need and usually don't start looking for planning help until mid-November when it's way too late anyhow. So I thought I'd give others like me an early tip so maybe this year things will be different!

A Jesse Tree Invitation

Every family has one: a family tree with its arching branches of grandfathers and grandmothers, its sheltering leaves of aunts and uncles.

To make a Jesse Tree is to trace the family line and heritage of the family of God, of human beings from the beginning of time to the coming of God Himself, wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger.

We will hang the symbols of our story on our corporate Family Tree, the Jesse Tree. We will open God's Word and read God's story - our story - as He wrote it on the pages of people's lives. And Jesus will come to us, and we will come to Jesus.

It is Advent. Come.







Click Here To Order!

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah - what an awesome resource. I will add that to my "wish list". Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home